[GRASS-dev] GRASS7 ImageryLib

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 09:24:46 PST 2012

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 5:30 AM, Mohammed Rashad
<mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> [answering here because I have worked on some of the affected modules]
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Mohammed Rashad
>> <mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > i.points3 and i.rectify3 doesnt uses standard lib. So adding API style
>> > code
>> > which can be used by i.point3 and i.rectify3 is what you are saying. Am
>> > correct?
>>
>> I guess so, but I would suggest to move the libs needed by i.points3
>> and i.rectify3 to a separate GRASS lib, probably ortholib
>> >
>> > i.ortho.photo uses i.ortho.photo/libes right?
>>
>> No, it uses (will use) ortholib, currently i.ortho.photo/lib, but I am
>> busy porting it and related modules to trunk.
>

>> > so merging both libs will provide an API which any grass imagery module
>> > can
>> > share right?
>>
>> I would suggest to separate standard imagery lib and
>> orthorectification, because these two use substantially different
>> algorithms. The ortholib depends on imager lib.
>

> i.ortho.photo is under progress right? . So moving imager to a lib called
> ortholib under imagery like imagery/ortholib or as grass_trunk/ortholib is
> need to be done. right?

I would prefer lib/ortho.

> So If I start moving code around will it affect the current work on i.ortho
> and friends?

Yes. I have already modified imagery/i.ortho.photo/lib in trunk but
not yet submitted. It's working now for me in trunk, as well as
i.photo.rectify. Please don't modify imagery/i.ortho.photo/lib before
I have submitted my changes.

>> > This part is not clear to me at all
>>
>> Lanczos is already available.
>>
>> What could be gained by adding thin splines to the existing bilinear,
>> bicubic, bspline, lanczos methods?
>>

> This question is not clear for me

These interpolation methods are used by i.rectify, i.photo.rectify,
r.proj, r.resamp.interp. Adding thin splines might be a valuable
addition, but it could also cause confusion (too many methods to
choose from). These methods are in lib/raster/interp.c.

Markus M