[GRASS-dev] Updating colorrules.py

Anna Kratochvílová kratochanna at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 04:16:54 PST 2012

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Mohammed Rashad
> <mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> updated the patch. PFA

I've tested it on Ubuntu 12.04 (running in virtaul machine) with
wxPython 2.8.12.1 and there are some bugs. I've attached a screenshot.

 As you can see I have a problem with strange background of
checkboxes. I tried wxPython demo and this problem is there too so
probably we cannot do much about it. Do you have the same problem or
it's just me?

Then, when you change the color table (above the rules, there is 'Load
color table'; e.g. from rainbow to aspect) the original numbers in the
list ctrl are still there below the new ones.

I also had sometimes problems to uncheck the items but I am not sure
under which conditions (maybe after changing colortable).

In the beginning when there is no map loaded there are the two
original wx.TextCtrl widgtes

Have you tried to avoid the dialog for setting values? Ideally, user
could edit the rule's value directly in the listctrl and click (or
double click) on the color would launch the wx color dialog.

I think that this solution with ultimatelistctrl looks much better
than the original, however we must first make it work properly.

Anna