[GRASS-dev] wxGUI: supervised classification tool

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Dec 23 09:14:31 PST 2012

Hi,

while we are at the plotting stuff:

For the spectral unmixing I really miss some functionality in GRASS
which I used in XGOBI [1] in 1998/99 for my master thesis. It had
connected plots for

- untransformed scatterplot
- PCA space
- Parallel coordinates

See attached screenshot: one could click on a data point and it was
highlighted in all the other data spaces, too. In spectral unmixing,
the pure endmembers are in the corners of the PCA space, to the
direct query to the other spaces was useful, too. And the parallel
coordinates plot showed the spectrum in that point.

Maybe rather "easy" to implement when carrying over the coordinates
as an attribute to find the related data point back in the (un)transformed
data cloud. (?)

Markus

[1] http://www2.research.att.com/areas/stat/xgobi/