[GRASS-dev] wxGUI: supervised classification tool

Pierre Roudier pierre.roudier at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:20:29 PST 2012

Hi Markus et al.,

Just to throw my two cents, it would be great if we could generalise
this UI to any classification workflow, including unsupervised. I
could also see this UI as a nice way to integrate r.fuzzy.* maybe?

Also, the excellent work on Markus M and Eric Momsen on i.segment
could also be integrated alongside the older i.smap.

Neat stuff,

Pierre

2012/12/20 Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
> Hi,
>
> while searching for the new i.class tool I have discovered
> the "supervised classification tool"
> in Imagery -> Classify Image -> Interactive input for supervised classification
>
> Nice!  /edit: I now see that it *is* the
> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WxIClass
>
> I tried it with NC data and loaded the Landsat2002 group.
> Now I would expect that I can select channels for display from
> the group. Perhaps something with [x] checkboxes would be
> good. The existing "free" choice of maps should remain of course.
>
> When I then digitize, it nicely opens the class dialog, ok. Then,
> when running, it segfaults (entire wxGUI disappears, no error msg
> visible).
>
> Suggestion: It may also become the tool for i.smap, just a method
> dialog would be needed
>
>> Run Analysis
>     - MaxLik: i.maxlik
>     - SMAP: i.gensigset, i.smap
>
> to make it universal. However, great to have such a tool now.
>
> Markus

Scientist
Landcare Research, New Zealand