[GRASS-dev] List of new features in GRASS 7: please update

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 02:46:58 PST 2012

OK, those links may not be pretty, but that is a minor issue if
compared to the convenience of having those links there. So I would
certainly keep them.

What are the plans for the Wiki vs trac? I see some articles are marked
to be moved to trac (like the GRASS 7 ideas collection). What is
supposed to go where (Wiki or Trac), Wiki for end-user relevant
information, Trac for information more relevant for developers?

I can see some advantages in such a system, but there are bound to be
cases where information is relevant for both developers and users. One
example is the NewFeatures page. Especially the part about changes in
libraries is mostly interesting for developers. However, all the module
changes and new modules are highly relevant for the users (I guess
there must be a lot of GRASS 7  users by now).

All in all, it seems to make sense to me to move the GRASS 7 ideas
collection to Trac, and move the
'http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/NewFeatures' to the Wiki, or
alternatively, give it an easy to find link on the front page of the
Wiki (replace the link to GRASS 7 ideas collection in the Development
box on the Wiki front page with a link to New Features perhaps).

Cheers