[GRASS-dev] GSoC and how to import NetCDF data??

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Fri Feb 10 20:56:51 EST 2012

> Helena wrote:
>>> If there are still problems and if we can identify what needs to be
>>> developed to make working with netCDF in GRASS more robust perhaps
>>> this would be a good project for Google summer code
>>> (hopefully OSGeo is participating this tear again)
>
> hopefully :)
>
> anyway I think if there are georef problems they probably need to be
> addressed at the GDAL side of things, not in GRASS per se.

that is why I thought it would be a good candidate for OSGeo GSoC,
as it would involve two OSGeo projects.
Hamish, do you know whether there is anything that needs to be done from our side to help
OSGeo become participating organization or is somebody working on the application already?
Org applications are due in about two weeks
and I haven't seen much happening on OSGeo lists.

Helena