[GRASS-dev] release announcement preparations

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 07:41:49 EST 2012

Helena wrote:
> I read all of the documents listed below and they look good,

thanks

> I don't see anything that needs to be changed,

ok, good

> except maybe for the ChangeLog which seems to be a gz file

fwiw, I notice bzip2 makes a remarkable difference to the file size. I
wonder if we should switch to it from gzip? (same for the main source
tarball although I haven't looked at the size difference for that)

> (which my Mac just downloads as a file that cannot be opened, but
> it has a text with error message in it) - should it be a link?

the file doesn't exist yet, we'll have to double check the link in the
interim just after tagging while we wait for the source to propagate to
the mirrors and the binaries to be built.

Hamish