[GRASS-dev] why doesn't g.region launch gui?

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Fri Feb 24 18:56:44 EST 2012

On Feb 24, 2012, at 4:21 PM, Hamish wrote:

> Michael wrote:
>> I've just learned that typing "g.region" [return] from the terminal
>> does not launch the g.region GUI.
>
> worksforme, what happens for you? do you get an error message?

Nothing. No error message. Nothing happens

> how about "g.region --ui" ?

It brings up the GUI as it should--and as it should if you type g.region without arguments

> what does "g.gisenv get=GRASS_GUI" say?

wxpython (Note that other commands work as expected, although I have not tested all 300+)

> what about "echo $?" directly after running g.region from the command line?

It is the same as typing g.region help

Michael

> Hamish

C. Michael Barton
Visiting Scientist, Integrated Science Program
National Center for Atmospheric Research &
303-497-2889 (voice)

Arizona State University