[GRASS-dev] possible bug - more coordination needed

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jan 17 08:24:13 EST 2012

Il 17/01/2012 14:19, Hamish ha scritto:

> It seems from that bug report that you are building against grass trunk?

not: 6.4.1

> and will change all the time, without warning, guaranteed. The stable
> branch will hopefully remain stable/backwards compatible for a long long
> time, specifically so things like the qgis plugin will continue to work
> with a minimum about of maintenance.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. A number of issues have arisen in the past.

> completely agree.
>   - would a dedicated inter-project qgis-grass-plugin osgeo ML help?

not sure, don't think so

>   - what are the biggest issues with it to work on right now?

My main concern is that occasionally interfaces are changed, without letting us know,
so we have to spot the problems after they occur, and with the large number of
modules, this is painful; many errors risk to go unnoticed for long, especially among
less popular packages.

All the best, and thanks.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia