[GRASS-dev] possible bug - more coordination needed

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jan 17 09:16:30 EST 2012

Il 17/01/2012 14:54, Hamish ha scritto:

> so those are GRASS python scripts in qgis svn written by Radim which
> use the GRASS python libraries.

exactly.

> my thinking was that many grass devs probably can not keep up with the
> qgis-dev mailing list traffic, and many qgis devs probably can not keep
> up with the grass-dev ML traffic. so if there was a low volume ML for
> interested parties from both dev teams it would be easier to keep up
> to date.

My fear, on the other side, is that nobody will realy subscribe to this one. I would
do, who else?

> command line interfaces should not have changed at all since GRASS 6.0.0

> it is hard to predict unintended consequences, but we do our best..

It should not be too difficult: we need to know if the syntax of a command (as it
happened e.g. for v.buffer), or if the interfaces changes.
In general, the coupling of QGIS and GRASS is not too tight, so it should be
reasonably easy to predict when something can go wrong.

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu