[GRASS-dev] Weekly report #6 - GRASS v.net front end

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 16:34:22 PDT 2012

Štěpán wrote:
> 2) What am I going to achieve for next week?
>
> I am going to work on integration of v.net.path module to
> front end and also to work further on GCP Manager which
> shares lot of functionality with //the front end.

Hi Štěpán,

re. http://grass.osgeo.org/grass-wiki/images/Interactive_inserting_of_coords_dialog.png

any chance to push selected points through G_format_easting()
and G_format_northing() libgis functions? (from ctypes interface)

No point reporting back coordinates to the micron when the GIS
knows for that location that it isn't needed, and the width of the
pixel the mouse selected covers some tens of meters. (and knowing
what is appropriate to use is why to use libgis instead of just
using %.3f throughout and assuming location is e.g. meters-based)

thanks,
Hamish