[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6 REALLY IS broken on Mac - bug identified

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Jul 25 20:59:11 PDT 2012

Yes. Even though this is working on my computer it is not working correctly on my spanish colleague's computer. He is getting "ERROR: unknown locale: UTF-8".

Then parts of the GUI don't work. Mainly, it will not open any of the autogenerated dialogs when called from the menus. These throw a error in "GUI((parent = self).ParseCommand(cmd) and a raise gcmd.GException(e) in core.gcmd.

This is real squirrelly. This was all working smoothly a short while ago.

Michael

On Jul 25, 2012, at 8:19 PM, Hamish wrote:

>> But GRASS does not create a .grassrc6 file with this line (LANG = None
>> or anything else) by default.
>
> and so it shouldn't,
>
>> And apparently, there is nothing internal that supplies this
>> if it is missing. It seems like it is only the GUI that is killed.
>
> right, if something new in the GUI wants it, then that something new should
> be able to deal with the case that it isn't there sometimes, and only
> write out the language choice if chosen.
>

> best,
> Hamish

C. Michael Barton
Visiting Scientist, Integrated Science Program
National Center for Atmospheric Research &
303-497-2889 (voice)

Arizona State University