[GRASS-dev] more on locale problem

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 23:52:50 PDT 2012

2012/7/26 Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>:
> So I am now completely baffled as to why GRASS is not working on my
> colleague's computer. it is a pretty new MacBook (last 6 months) and he has
> not installed much on it--Office, Mendeley. It is running the most current
> version of Lion (10.7.4).
>
> There are repeated problems with locale on it. Here is an example that works
> fine on my computer also running Lion.

Hi Micheal,
the problems I think it's related to the improvement in preferences.py
to give the capabilities to people to switch the language. It was
added by me in grass7, later martin did some changes and during code
sprint MarkusN backported it.
Is Mac using grass.sh to start GRASS or something different?

could your colleague set the language in ~/.grassrc6 adding LANG:
your_languages?

--
ciao
Luca