[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1428: WinGRASS + how to deliver Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (vcredist)?

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Jun 2 13:15:25 PDT 2012

#1428: WinGRASS + how to deliver Microsoft Visual C++  Redistributable Package
(vcredist)?
 Reporter:  dhastings     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-64        |

Comment(by hellik):

 Replying to [comment:23 hamish]:

 > My proposal is to add a step to the end stages of the GRASS installer
 which tests for the needed MSVCRT dlls,

 3 windows plattforms (xp, vista, 7, soon 8) have to be tested by the
 wingrass installer. there seems to be differences between these plattforms
 regarding registry entries, possible installation paths etc. which could
 be tested. I've not found yet any practicable way to test all these cases.
 :o(

 any ideas?

 Helmut

--