[GRASS-dev] GRASS and sextante

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jun 4 07:45:43 PDT 2012

Hi all.
Now working on sextante interface to grass. One problem I'm finding is:
- GRASS raster can have labels (very convenient, e.g. r.param.scale saves feature
names along with categories)
- when saving to TIFF, these are stripped
- as a consequence, the flow DTM>Features raster>Feature vector strips the
categories, and data are lost.
Any way of keeping them? Of course we can Use raster values as categories, but
keeping the labels would be much better. One way would be to pipe directly the two
GRASS commands, without exporting in between, but this is not implemented yet.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu