[GRASS-dev] Problems with v.net.distance

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 18 06:55:40 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Roberto Marzocchi
<roberto.marzocchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> many thannks for your changes. I think now the command is quite O.K..
> Nevertheless I have encountered a new error:
> I have tried with the command that you suggested me (to_type is point and
> not line) and it works.
>

> v.net.distance input=network_cat4 output=network_cat4_distance alayer=3
> nlayer=4 afcolumn=lungh_a abcolumn=lungh_i flayer=4 from_cats=1-4 tlayer=4
> to_type=point to_cats=5-6920 --overwrite
>
> after I try to do the opposite, that is from the 6916 nodes of the network
> (that are point!) to the firestations and it don't works
>
> v.net.distance input=network_cat4 output=network_cat4_distance alayer=3
> nlayer=4 afcolumn=lungh_a abcolumn=lungh_i tlayer=4 to_cats=1-4 flayer=4
> to_type=point from_cats=5-6920 --overwrite
>

>>> Building graph...
>>> Registering arcs...
>>>  100%
>>> Flattening the graph...
>>> Graph was built
>>> ERROR: Requested feature id -1 is not reasonable(max features in vector
>>> map
>>>       <network_cat4 at ospedali_grass7>: 15747)
>

> I don't understand why...

Some of the 'from' features are not reachable within the network. For
each 'from' feature, the module finds the nearest 'to' feature. That
means that all 'from' features must be connected to the network, but
it is ok if some 'to' features are not connected. This is why you got
this error after you swapped the set of 'from' and 'to' features.

Fixed in r52124. But maybe a warning would be useful if some 'from' or
'to' features are not reachable.

Markus M