[GRASS-dev] still problems with overwrite in scripts

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Jun 27 12:53:22 PDT 2012

I thought from reading past mail posts that -o and --o and --overwrite all set the overwrite flag.

I test for overwrite with grass.overwrite()

But how do I include a check box for the overwrite flag in the GUI specs (for g.parser)?

Putting in an "o" flag does not seem to set the overwrite flag (at least in GRASS 7).
Putting in a "-o" (for creating --o) shows "-" in the interface. Not good.

So how to do this in a python script? I've looked at several other python scripts in the main GRASS 7 distribution and can't find a script that deals with this issue. All seem to ignore setting an overwrite flag in the GUI.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Visiting Scientist, Integrated Science Program
National Center for Atmospheric Research &
303-497-2889 (voice)

Arizona State University