[GRASS-dev] Re: why doesn't r.in.wms work with NCAR WMS server

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Mar 6 18:09:19 EST 2012

Just a bit more detailed information. Here is the command and response:

GRASS 7.0.svn (Global_latlon):~ > r.in.wms -l --overwrite output=anomaly mapserver=http://tds.gisclimatechange.ucar.edu/thredds/wms/anomalies/downscaled/seasonal/ppt_SRESB1_near_seasonal_down_anomaly.nc
ERROR: Unable to get capabilities:
       http://tds.gisclimatechange.ucar.edu/thredds/wms/anomalies/downscaled/seasonal/ppt_SRESB1_near_seasonal_down_anomaly.nc?service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities&version=1.1.1

However, if I copy from above and paste  ...

http://tds.gisclimatechange.ucar.edu/thredds/wms/anomalies/downscaled/seasonal/ppt_SRESB1_near_seasonal_down_anomaly.nc?service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities&version=1.1.1

... into a browser, it works.

Michael