[GRASS-dev] GRASS7: libgrass_vector.so has odd libraster dependency: libgrass_raster.7.0.svn.so not found

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Mar 15 11:16:42 EDT 2012

Markus Neteler wrote:

> on a system-wide installation (make install done) we get this bug:
>
> # user not being me:
> v.in.ascii: error while loading shared libraries:
> /home/neteler/software/grass70/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libgrass_raster.7.0.svn.so:
> cannot open shared object file: Permission denied

> I don't like this dependency too much but in essence the upper
> mentioned off library linking
> is the real problem (which I don't know how to solve).

This is due to r47525. It should have been $(RASTERLIB), not
$(RASTERDEP).

The *LIB variables contain the linker switch for that library (e.g.
-lgrass_raster.7.0.svn). If using static libraries, it will also
contain the linker switches for any dependencies (shared libraries
have embedded dependency lists).

The *DEP variables contain the full pathname of the library; they're
intended to be used for setting DEPENDENCIES in the Makfile of a
module which uses the library.