[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] NetCDF rotated pole

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Wed Mar 21 11:47:16 EDT 2012

Excellent!

I was warned here at NCAR that I would have a lot of trouble with these model data file unless I could find someone to help me with the arcane NCAR Computer Language (NCL) code to reproject them. When I said that with GRASS, georeferencing would not be that big a deal if I could somehow find proper geographic reference points or data layers, they were skeptical. Persistence paid off, however. I still don't have NCL working (though I want to try it), but the approach I sent you turned out very well for my data. It may even be better than the NCL approach, since NCL seems to use a simple bilinear interpolation to directly change the grid cells from POP grid to latlon. With mine, we reproject grid centers first before interpolating. We can then choose which interpolator works best for our particular question and data set.

Michael