[GRASS-dev] How is a GRASS-Python Script processed?

Johannes Radinger jradinger at gmx.at
Sun May 6 03:01:07 EDT 2012

Hi...

I am just wondering how a python script is processed in GRASS?
After launching a script (via launch script from inside GRASS) that calls different GRASS-modules
and another self-written python-script, it takes very long to start. With 'start' I mean that I see
actually the output text in the GUI what is processed. To me it seems the script is checked before
it is processed which takes similarly long as the processing itself.
Can anyone explain in simple words how it works, respectively what happens before I see
the status-output-text in the GUI (what I refer as 'processing')?
I am working on GRASS 6.5SVN on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Best regards,
Johannes