[GRASS-dev] How is a GRASS-Python Script processed?

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun May 6 05:55:26 EDT 2012

Hi,

2012/5/6 Johannes Radinger <jradinger at gmx.at>:
> I am just wondering how a python script is processed in GRASS?
> After launching a script (via launch script from inside GRASS) that calls different GRASS-modules

how the script is launched? From wxGUI (File | Launch script)?

> and another self-written python-script, it takes very long to start. With 'start' I mean that I see
> actually the output text in the GUI what is processed. To me it seems the script is checked before
> it is processed which takes similarly long as the processing itself.

I have tested very simple script and it worked as expected. The script
is launched in the same way as other (GRASS commands) [1]. Can you
elaborate a little bit more, any sample script or so?

Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/gui/wxpython/lmgr/frame.py#L634