[GRASS-dev] reducing screen clutter

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Thu May 24 10:18:21 EDT 2012

This is one way, but not exactly what I was talking about. In fact, sometimes it is very useful to keep a dialog box open to rerun the same module repeatedly with different parameters.

What I meant is that once it is open, GRASS should not open additional dialogs for the same module but simply reuse the one that is open. That way you never get 5 windows for v.distance, only 1--even if you leave it open.

Michael

On May 24, 2012, at 2:26 PM, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> On 24/05/12 12:25, Chemin, Yann (IWMI) wrote:
>> Maybe we can modify the GUI preferences:
>>
>> Default: All dialog boxes close after a run is complete
>> In Preferences: Tick this box if you want the dialog boxes to be closed
>> manually (i.e. stay after a run)
>

> The tick box already exists, so you are suggesting to make closing the dialog the default ? I find it quite useful, especially for newbies, to have the dialog open and be able to correct wrong input, instead of having to fill the whole dialog out again... But I can confirm that it takes some teaching to make them aware of that feature and avoid that they open the same command ten times. ;-)
>
> Moritz

C. Michael Barton
Visiting Scientist, Integrated Science Program
National Center for Atmospheric Research &
University Consortium for Atmospheric Research
303-497-2889 (voice)

Arizona State University