[GRASS-dev] r.modis in GRASS 7 trunk

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Nov 2 10:05:13 PDT 2012

Yann Chemin wrote:

> > r53636 fixes a couple of issues with the r.in.wms2 and v.in.wfs2
> > Makefiles. From the add-ons/grass7 directory, you can do e.g.:
> >
> >         make MODULE_TOPDIR=$GISBASE
> >

> Thanks, including addons SVN in my daily compile... How could we auto-load
> those additional modules in their GUI menu groups?

AFAIK, at present you need to edit menudata.xml.

> > to build everything using the include/Make/*.make files from GRASS
> > 7 (either installed or the dist.<arch> directory).
> >
> > imagery/i.vi.mpi requires mpicc. This should probably be a separate
> > variable, e.g. $(MPICC).
>
> to be set as a configure file option?

Once it's moved into trunk, configure checks should be added. Until
then, it should just define a variable which can be overridden on the
command line.

Currently, it uses CC, which is problematic. Uusing CC=mpicc on the
command line would cause all C code to be compiled using mpicc, while
using e.g. CC=gcc on the command line would override the setting in
i.vi.mpi/Makefile.

A fundamental property of "make" is that variables set on the command
line override settings within a Makefile, so every Makefile variable
is effectively a command-line parameter with a default value.