[GRASS-dev] making GEOS as manatory dependency for grass7 ?

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 4 23:36:18 PST 2012

Jürgen --

The problems are mostly with linking compiled C++
code. Due to the different name mangling schemes,
a DLL produced by VC might not be usable by
an EXE produced with MinGW and vice versa.

There are tools to work around that:

http://www.mingw.org/wiki/MSVC_and_MinGW_DLLs

I have tried and it works -- sometimes.

Anyway, it's a wasted effort for me, as I prefer
to fix source code and configure files so that
everything compiles cleanly using MinGW.

Why should using the C standard lib's free() a bug?

Cheers,

Ben

--
Benjamin Ducke