[GRASS-dev] making GEOS as manatory dependency for grass7 ?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Nov 5 00:41:34 PST 2012

Hi Benjamin,

On Mon, 05. Nov 2012 at 08:36:18 +0100, Benjamin Ducke wrote:
> The problems are mostly with linking compiled C++
> code. Due to the different name mangling schemes,
> a DLL produced by VC might not be usable by
> an EXE produced with MinGW and vice versa.

Right, C++ is a different beast.  I was assuming we were talking about C.

> Why should using the C standard lib's free() a bug?

Because just using free() on something that should be released with some
specific function assumes that that function is just a wrapper around free().
That might not be the case or might change over time.  It also ignores the fact
that there can be multiple heap managements like on windows, when multiple
compiler versions (and therefore their RTL) are used.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden