[GRASS-dev] Area weighted rasterization with v.to.rast?

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Thu Nov 8 04:53:21 PST 2012

Markus,
The first thing that occurs to me is to make the value of the first raster
 from the polygon layer the area of the polygon.  r.mapcalculator to divide
the value of each raster by the area of a raster cell.  This should give
you a raster with the value of the proportion of area of the polygon in
each cell.

Now rasterize the polygon layer with the original attribute you wanted to
affect.  Multiply this raster by the proportional raster above.

A bit brute force, but it should give you what you want.

Doug