[GRASS-dev] could r.stream.* become part of GRASS core?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Nov 16 00:53:13 PST 2012

On 16/11/12 09:10, Rainer M Krug wrote:

> On 15/11/12 23:41, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
>>> I agree that the quality of the r.stream.* modules is out of question.
>>
>> these are very nice and useful modules with high quality.
>>
>>> For what concerns including it into the core, I would like to point you out the discussion
>>> [1] about the concept of toolboxes. The general orientation is not to include field specific
>>> groups of modules into the core and make them available in an easy way when required.

Please also note the discussion in this thread [1], where most
developpers rather seem to plead for integrating more modules directly
into trunk.

Toolboxes would then rather be menu blocks that you can activate or not,
organising your GUI access to the relevant modules.

Moritz

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2012-October/060565.html