[GRASS-dev] Help -> "About GRASS" broken

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Oct 1 03:27:20 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Helena wrote:
>> Hamish,
>>
>> do you still need devbr6 (6.5)?
>
> Yes, I do. To me it is very important and serves an invaluable role in
> the maintenance of the old stable branch.

This is not clear to me.

> (which I volunteer to maintain
> in the long (long) term, even if lately I've been pulled away by other
> responsibilities and a bit slack about keeping up with it)

.. this is exactly the problem - we don't have the resources to keep
6.5.svn in sync. As of today, there are major (!) differences due to
incomplete back- or forward porting. I did the cleanup job for a few
years, but I am getting tired of maintaining 6.5 for nothing.

Markus