[GRASS-dev] datums not recognized by g.proj?

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Mon Oct 1 20:58:03 PDT 2012

Just tested on GRASS 7 and it looks like it works very well.

PROJ.INFO file created using projection and datum selection in location wizard BEFORE updating

name: Universal Transverse Mercator
proj: utm
ellps: international
zone: 29
no_defs: defined

PROJ.INFO file recreated by g.proj AFTER updating

name: Universal Transverse Mercator
proj: utm
ellps: international
zone: 29
no_defs: defined
datum: eur50
towgs84: -131,-100.3,-163.4,-1.244,-0.020,-1.144,9.39

Using the new g.proj with datumtrans=-1 brings up the list of datum transforms for "eur50" as it should.

I will update the location wizard code in trunk shortly to take advantage of this. If others can then test, we should backport to 6.4.3.

Thanks so much. Serious problem identified over the weekend and fixed by Monday night. I can tell my class tomorrow. Wow.

Michael

C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)