[GRASS-dev] need update to core.create_location

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 10:29:26 PDT 2012

Michael Barton wrote:
 > On Oct 3, 2012, at 6:14 AM, Paul Kelly <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk>
 >  wrote:
 >
 >> Glynn Clements wrote:
 >>> Consider whether the existing option should be renamed to datum_trans=.
 >>> The abbreviation rules in 7.0 should accept datumtrans= as an
 >>> abbreviation, but will also accept e.g. dt= or dtrans=.
 >> Sounds like a good idea to me. Since we're breaking compatibility
with the scripts that used datum= instead of datumtrans= so that they
will need updated anyway, it seems like a good time to make this further
change to make things neater.

 > I agree. This makes sense and is a less confusing shortcut.

OK - change committed now; the option is now called datum_trans=. I
guess we should be careful to avoid backporting this option name change
to 6.x, rather only backporting the addition of the new datum= option? I
will leave that decision to someone else anyway.

Paul