[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1758: Disabling python support does not prevent entry into python directories during build

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sun Oct 7 09:04:55 PDT 2012

#1758: Disabling python support does not prevent entry into python directories
during build
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  brook     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect    |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Python    |     Version:  6.4.2
Resolution:            |    Keywords:
  Platform:  All       |         Cpu:  Unspecified
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------

Comment(by brook):

 I take it from the above comment that python is a required prerequisite
 for grass, even for 6.4.2.  If that is the case, it should be listed among
 the prerequisites; it is not.  If that is not the case, it should be
 possible to build grass correctly without python, something that I
 expected the --without-python to accomplish.  If that is not the correct
 way to build grass without python, then perhaps that should instead be
 documented.

 It is unclear to me what the correct state is:

 - Is python a required prerequisite for grass 6.4.2?  (I hope it is
 documented as such for GRASS 7 as it sounds like it is a requirement.)

 - What is the correct way, if any, to build grass 6.4.2 without python?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1758#comment:3>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>