[GRASS-dev] images2gif.py in grass

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 16 06:42:48 PDT 2012

Hi Anna,
i would prefer to convert the images in a "real" video format to avoid
the limitations of GIF.
Maybe you could try to use PyMedia[1],[2] (well, its pretty old) or
utilize mencoder[3] to create the videos?

[1] http://pymedia.org
[2] http://pymedia.org/tut/src/make_video.py.html
[3] mencoder 'mf://*.png' -mf type=png:fps=10 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=wmv2 -oac copy -o animation.avi

Best regards
Soeren