[GRASS-dev] PYTHONPATH not defined during compilation in rel6.4

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Oct 22 07:35:16 PDT 2012

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> Trying to compile release 6.4 branch today, and it fails creating
> menudata.py

menustrings.py, right?

> because the PYTHONPATH is not defined to find
> grass.script. I see a r49620 from a while back that fixes this (dev6
> branch compiles without this error) - maybe this should be
> backported to release 6.4?

6.x should be able to be built without Python installed on the build
system. menustrings.py should be optional, i.e. failure to build
menustrings.py should not be fatal (it's only needed for translators).

In addition to setting PYTHONPATH, I suggest:

menustrings.py: core/menudata.py $(ETCDIR)/xml/menudata.xml $(ETCDIR)/xml/menudata_modeler.xml
	echo > $@
	-$(call run_grass,$(PYTHON) $< >> $@)
	-$(call run_grass,$(PYTHON) $< "modeler" >> $@)