[GRASS-dev] G6.4: gui/wxpython/Makefile issue

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Oct 26 06:33:07 PDT 2012

Martin Landa wrote:

> > It would help if you could post the actual error message(s).
>
> it fails when creating menustrings.py, because of missing grass.scrips
> dependency. This dependency seems to be missing also in trunk.

The grass.script module should be created by lib/python (PYTHONPATH
must be set correctly in order for Python to find it).

> PYTHONPATH=""

PYTHONPATH doesn't appear to be getting set correctly.

Ah; r42916 (6.5) and r45933 (6.4) back-ported the run_grass definition
(in Rules.make) without the mkpath definition which it requires.

This was fixed for 6.5 by r49620[1], but no such fix was applied to
6.4.

[1] The GRASS_PYTHONPATH setting added in that change isn't used for
anything.

Again, I suggest that any failure building menustrings.py should be
ignored, e.g.:

-default: $(DSTFILES) menustrings.py
+default: $(DSTFILES)
+	-$(MAKE) menustrings.py
	$(MAKE) parsubdirs

menustrings.py is only required to get the strings into the .pot file
used for translation. In fact, the rule to build it could reasonably
be moved to locale/Makefile, where it can be made a dependency of the
"pot" target.