[GRASS-dev] r.modis in GRASS 7 trunk

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Oct 30 09:53:57 PDT 2012

Martin Landa wrote:

> > as a regular user of MODIS, I would like to call other MODIS users to
> > express interest to include r.modis into GRASS 7 SVN.
>
> we cannot extend number of modules in trunk forever. Probably some
> modules should be reviewed and moved to addons.

Why?

Keeping modules in trunk ensures that any breakage resulting from
changes to APIs or to the build system will be noticed. Also, the
module will be included in the linkage database created by
tools/sql.sh, and in any recursive grep of the source tree.

Personally, I'd rather see most "normal" add-ons moved into trunk.

OTOH, v.in.dwg should be moved to add-ons unless LibreDWG support is
expected in the foreseeable future.