[GRASS-dev] why is r.li.setup unavailable in GRASS 7?

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Tue Oct 30 10:29:23 PDT 2012

OK. I'll try to test as soon as possible, though hopefully others with greater familiarity with the r.li modules can help in this. Without r.li.setup, all other r.li modules are useless.

Related to this, the r.le modules appear in the menu but are greyed out. If they are no longer to be distributed with GRASS, they should come out of the menu.

Michael
______________________________
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www:  http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

On Oct 30, 2012, at 7:42 AM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com<mailto:lucadeluge at gmail.com>>
 wrote:

Il giorno 30/ott/2012 09:44, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at osgeo.org<mailto:neteler at osgeo.org>> ha scritto:

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu<mailto:Michael.Barton at asu.edu>> wrote:
> > Why is r.li.setup unavailable in GRASS 7? It is greyed out in the menu and
> > cannot be launched from the command line. Without this, you cannot use the
> > other r.li<http://r.li/> modules. But I also see tickets that indicate r.li.setup has been
> > happening very recently.
>
> The code is still here:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/sandbox/lucadelu/r.li.setup.py
>
> and requires testing before being migrated to trunk.

Yes, to test you can call directly "python r.li.setup.py<http://r.li.setup.py/> " from the directory where you downloaded the file.
I worked on it last week and I compared the resulting setup files of python and tcl/tk and they are identical.
Right now not all the functionality of tcl/tk are implemented, but I'd like to move it from sandbox to trunk...

> Markus

Cheers
Luca