[GRASS-dev] could r.stream.* become part of GRASS core?

Enrico Gallo enrico.gallo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 14:10:17 PDT 2012

Dear list,

as user involved in hydrological analysis, I think r.stream.* modules
are essential tools in GRASS GIS.
Their availability filled in the empty space left by the Horton
Machine / Fruid Turtles library (by prof. Rigon and his fantastic
team) no more supported for GRASS GIS.

Quality, scientific value and great performances of r.stream.*
algorithms it’s out of the question, IMHO
Looking in the user mailing list and searching on the web can confirm
that many users really appreciate those modules even if some people
have trouble with the AddOns installation process.

So, could those modules be part of Grass core in the next releases?
As part of GRASS GIS core, I think they could be fruitfully become
available also in the QGIS GRASS toolbox.

Regards,
Enrico