[GRASS-dev] compilation of grass on AIX 7.1

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Apr 2 05:41:23 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
> It appears that AIX uses something other than _POSIX_C_SOURCE to
> enable the POSIX declarations (which -ansi will disable).

Any concrete POSIX declaration which I should hunt down?

> The question is: what does it use?
>
> If we don't have anyone who is able and willing to put in the
> (relatively minor) effort to figure that out, then AIX "support" (for
> any reasonable definition of that term) is impractical. Even if we can
> get it to compile, even quite trivial run-time problems will be
> insurmountable.

I am willing to do this. Just I have to better understand *what* to look for.

Here a "wild" grep:

/usr/include/sys> grep POSIX * | grep SOURCE
access.h: * are required to be included by unistd.h when _POSIX_SOURCE
is defined.
access.h:#ifdef _POSIX_SOURCE
access.h:#endif /* _POSIX_SOURCE */
limits.h: *      They also require that if _ANSI_C_SOURCE or _POSIX_SOURCE is
limits.h:#ifdef _POSIX_SOURCE
limits.h: *   included when _POSIX_SOURCE is defined.
limits.h:#if (_POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200112L)
limits.h:#if _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200112L && !(defined _ALL_SOURCE) ||
defined(_PATHMAX_HAS_NULL)
limits.h:#endif /* _POSIX_SOURCE */
times.h:#ifdef _POSIX_SOURCE
times.h: * requires that when _POSIX_SOURCE is defined only those standard
times.h:#endif /* _POSIX_SOURCE */
types.h: *      It also requires that if _ANSI_C_SOURCE or
_POSIX_SOURCE is defined
types.h:#ifdef   _POSIX_SOURCE
types.h:#endif /* _POSIX_SOURCE */
types.h:/* The sigset structure must correspond to sigset_t in
_POSIX_SOURCE above */
wait.h:#ifdef _POSIX_SOURCE
wait.h:#endif /* _POSIX_SOURCE */

Markus