[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1225: Include support for kilometres / metres (re) as unit options, alongside of kilometers/meters (er)

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 10 23:50:29 PDT 2013

#1225: Include support for kilometres / metres  (re) as unit options, alongside of
kilometers/meters (er)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  voncasec     |       Owner:  hamish
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned
      Cpu:  All          |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment(by hamish):

 > many of us work in/with/for both systems and need to be able
 > to produce for both, from both on demand.
 > Those things being silently adjusted for me drives me batty.

 For this I would suggest a new "-t" flag, to either _("") translate or
 not.

 It is not ideal, but at least you can adjust the enviro variable if you
 need to.
 The question becomes to translate the string to the current locale or not
 for the default?

 Hamish

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1225#comment:4>