[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2013, GRASS symbology idea

Tereza Fiedlerová tfiedlerova at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 08:48:34 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm Tereza Fiedlerová, student of CTU in Prague, Czech Republic. I'd like
to apply for Google Summer of Code 2013. I was looking on Grass SoC Ideas
2013 and I am interested in Symbology/Cartography [1] ideas there. I've
read a little bit about some d. Grass modules, especially about d.legend,
d.vect.thematic, d.area.thematic and something about cairo driver.

In my project, I would like to write new module for creating legend for
vector map (something similar as d.legend for raster map). The other part
of project could be new module for thematic
maps (something like d.vect.thematic and d.area.thematic, but more
complex). For a nice and correct graphical output I could do some
improvements in cairo driver. The target is not to need ps.map module, when
user want to do some graphical output.

I'd like to hear some comments on this topic and maybe also some other
ideas.

Thank You,

Tereza Fiedlerová
Faculty of Civil Engineering