[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2013, GRASS symbology idea

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 03:40:54 PDT 2013

Hi Tereza,

2013/4/23 Tereza Fiedlerová <tfiedlerova at gmail.com>:
> and I am interested in Symbology/Cartography [1] ideas there. I've read a
> little bit about some d. Grass modules, especially about d.legend,
> d.vect.thematic, d.area.thematic and something about cairo driver.
>
> In my project, I would like to write new module for creating legend for
> vector map (something similar as d.legend for raster map). The other part of
> project could be new module for thematic
> maps (something like d.vect.thematic and d.area.thematic, but more complex).
> For a nice and correct graphical output I could do some improvements in

beside improving existing  d.* modules or creating new (d.vlegend),
improving cairo driver (support advanced symbology for lines, areas,
etc) I would like to highlight other issues:

1) better integration of d.* modules in wxGUI. Current support for
legends and other decorations in wxGUI map display need to be
fundamentally rewritten and improved.

2) Extend `v.class` and related lib (not documented at all, fns need
some prefix, ...) [1]. Also integrate this module in wxGUI.

Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/lib/arraystats