[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2013, GRASS symbology idea

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 26 18:59:36 PDT 2013

Martin wrote:
> Generally speaking very interesting idea and worth to work
> on that. But still I would say that closer mapnik integration
> will not replace native GRASS display driver

Mapnik works very closely with PostGIS, so your GRASS+PostGIS
efforts may make this a very clean & easy (trivial?) path for
people who want to do Mapnik rendering of GRASS data.

happy to see lots of rendering options to fill the many niches,
and glad to see all this get more attention,

Hamish

ps- if you haven't already tried out TileMill, give it a look..