[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2013, GRASS symbology idea

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 03:23:27 PDT 2013

Hi,

2013/4/24 Pietro <peter.zamb at gmail.com>:

> In these days I'm thinking to substitute the GRASS d.* modules with mapnik [0].
> Mapnik is the state of the art for high quality rendering of maps,
> support several types of export formats and It is widely used.

well, to "substitute" is a strong word. In any case it would be
interesting alternative to `ps.map` and d.* + cairo driver approach.

Generally speaking very interesting idea and worth to work on that.
But still I would say that closer mapnik integration will not replace
native GRASS display driver or `ps.map` module.

Martin