[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS6.4.3 crashing

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Fri Aug 16 09:52:53 PDT 2013

I am sorry to report that WinGRASS6.4.3-1 does not run on our lab
computers.
After clicking on the GRASS icon the cli window just flashes and the
startup page
does not open. We have GRASS6.4.3RC2 running OK on the same machine.

It is worrisome that the final release is more problematic than RC2, but I
am wondering whether the problem is on our side - perhaps the GRASS6.4.3RC2
should be uninstalled before installing GRASS6.4.3 final? We have ArcGIS
running on these machines and I am aware of the python issues I am just
wondering whether RC2 had a better solution for the GRASS startup than the
final release.

If there is no easy fix, would it be possible to provide GRASS6.4.3RC2 on
the GRASS website for those who cannot run GRASS6.4.3?
Should I submit this a s bug report or is this strictly our problem and
everybody
else runs WinGRASS6.4.3 just fine?

Any advice would be appreciated

Helena