[GRASS-dev] rules for testing GUI components for encoding errors before commit ?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Dec 18 00:57:48 PST 2013

Hi,

I just posted a bug report about encoding issues in the new Vector
network analysis tool [1].

More generally: I regularly get these kinds of encoding errors in the
wxGUI. And I guess some of them only show up once translators have
translated the strings of a new module. Maybe we should try to define
some general rules / a how-to about testing new GUI components for such
potential encoding issues. We could also propose a toolkit in form of
example strings to put into the code, or through the obligation to test
with at least two .po files in languages with special characters.

What do the GUI developers think about this ?

Moritz

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2145