[GRASS-dev] An export order of layers/patch raster layers function for g.gui.mapswipe

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 19:09:05 PST 2013

Hi Nikos,

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM, Nikos Alexandris
<nik at nikosalexandris.net>wrote:

> Dear all, apologies for silence (I have to answer to a couple of threads in
> grass-dev) but I am overloaded.  This is however a quick idea that crossed
> my
> mind a few seconds before as I am working with the newest g.gui.mapswipe
> tool:
>
> (Anna & Vaclav) wouldn't it be useful to have some sort of export of the
> (raster) layers loaded in the Advanced mode (order matters!) to feed with
> the
> r.patch module?  Or directly a "Patch" function (interfacing the r.patch
> module)?
>
> Say, I have, in one of the panes (left or right, doesn't matter), from
> bottom
> to top a generic Vegetation map (including let's say high and low
> vegetation),
> a Water Map and on top a High Vegetation map (derived from another source)
> and
> I want to patch these maps: 1st the High Vegetation map, the Water, then
> whatever is NULL fill with data from the generic Vegetation map. Just a
> random
> examlpe to make a point.
>
> Makes sense?

It's a quite specific task and I don't think map swipe should support it
directly. But I added context menu (r58489): right click in the list of
layers and you get options to copy the map names in clipboard. There are 2
options for different order of maps. Names are separated by comma so you
can just paste it in r.patch input parameter. Do you find this solution
helpful?

Anna