[GRASS-dev] grass wiki main page & colorbrewer tool

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Sun Feb 3 19:25:44 PST 2013

> ps- if anyone at the sprint is looking for a nice task, building
> a wxPy color wizard around the ColorBrewer tables might be fun:
>  http://colorbrewer2.org/
> I've got their data reduced to some csv text files from a past
> attempt, and AFAIR the licensing on those was compatible w/ GPL.
> (it's worth looking that up again, but I wouldn't have bothered
> starting on it if it wasn't) I think QGIS has something similar
> already?

Hamish, if there is no time or interest to do this at the sprint (fixing the bugs for GRASS6.4.3 release are probably
higher priority) maybe you can add it into the cartography enhancements topic for GSoC2013
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_SoC_Ideas_2013.
Given the max. number of classes supported - 12 and less for some color schemes, supposedly you cannot distinguish more,
it would be nice to add a button for generating discrete colors for continuous data, such as elevation,
for a given number of classes - it can be done now, but as far as I know you would have to reclass your raster first.

Helena