[GRASS-dev] reg i.pca module

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 21:29:55 PST 2013

Thanks Nikos and Mortiz,

>From GRASS Wiki what I got is I need more details of step.6 in the
Background section
i.e *project original dataset signals* (PC's or PC scores: eigenvector *
input-data) to get

projecting the dataset is based on the text output of i.pca eigen values
and input data.

I guess there must be a simple transformation equation that can be applied
to every pixel in the input data to get the raster output of i.pca.

Nikos, Your thesis is a long read and I only need a very small part from
it. If you could tell me those( I strongly believe you can ) then it will
be great. I need to start coding after this and this is only a small part
of it. my actual work is pure pixel identification for spectral unmixing

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 5:43 AM, Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net>wrote:

> Rashad M wrote:
>
> > > Hi All,
>
> > > i.pca outputs raster bands and the pixel values are transformed
> > > obivously. But anyone can tell me how the transformation works
>
> > > if a pixel P1 has value X after i.pca it will be Y
>
> > > Is there any specific math equation that is applied to every pixel by
> PCA?
>
> Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principal_component_analysis
> > and
> > http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Principal_Component_Analysis
>
> Ehm, right --  I've overlooked your post Moritz, apologies.
>
> Nikos

Regards,
   Rashad