[GRASS-dev] reg i.pca module

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Feb 6 23:46:36 PST 2013

[all deleted]

Hey Rashad,

i.pca will output for you Principal Components.  As many variables you will
feed to the algorithm (PCA), as many Principal Components you will get.

You don't need, normally, to do anything else than use the Principal
Components.  I.e., you can selectively reject some Principal Components which
are not of interest and play with the rest.  The simplest example that falls
into my mind is, e.g. to discard the last Pincipal Component which is "famous"
as to hold noise.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on what exactly you are after?  It
depends on how much detail you want to squeeze out of PCA -- I mean,
understand each and every step and, possibly, modify the algorithm (?).

Best, Nikos